Sona's Blog

Life has become very busy. This space is for me to share my experiences, ramblings and quirkiness with anyone who cares to read them. I'd love to hear your thoughts, especially if you're someone I used to talk to a lot but have lost touch with. Enjoy!

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Back from SF

i Love san francisco! And I say this everytime i go there. I ate a lot of junk this weekend, but hey, sometimes you gotta say "cholesterol is my friend" and be on your way. I got a manicure on thursday. they didnt put topcoat on and it really upset me. i ended up having to buy some myself. After that, i went to the standard downtown with lynn and her friend james who was in from dc. that was seriously the first time ive had a really good time at the standard. there was some private party and we couldnt get in, so we went to the 12th floor hoping to find a guest in the hotel that could get us in. we ended up meeting this scottish actor who got us in. And all these other people ended up being there, so it was fun. And i spent a relatively small amount of money, so it was even better. And before we went out, we ate pizza at Eat Love on main street which is always a good thing.

I drove up to SF with my roomies. the car ride up was great. I'm the queen of road trip games. we played MASH (my future promises a good husband and car but like 36 kids living somewhere shady) I wrote the word MASH in hindi. Hindi script amused me and laura for a good 6 minutes. I also invented the positivity game where everyone had to say things that they like about everyone else in the car. We ended up playing that game for like the last two hours of the trip, and even once we got to SF we preceded every sentence with "i like how..." (Ex: "i like how kevin's mom's name is sherry.")

We stayed at Ian's apartment in the city. It's quite a nice place. (Thanks Ian and Ozy) Ozy and Yousef took us to bars on friday night. So much fun! And I didnt even drink! Everything had a lot of character. We saw this crazy band with these 45 year old groupies at this once place. It was like sensory overload -- SO many people doing SO many funny things that I didnt know where too look. Ive never seen less rhythm in one room before in my life. It was fantastic. Oooh and I met 3 non indian girls (such awesome girls) that have been SCIA members in past years. It was really random...they were Yousef's friends from SC and we're sitting at this bar, and one of the girls is all, "have you heard of SCIA?" and i was like "uh..yess..." And we talked about it. I was hangin out with 3 white girls...youd think that I could get away from scia for like 5 minutes...=)

On saturday, pranav and I went to the game..SO fun. It was a good game, we sat with fun people. I had a ridiculous case of the giggles the whole time. My evening turned sort of poopy after that though. Poopy in a "this was the worst evening ever but i'm laughing about it" sort of way. Pranav and I powerwalked for 2 hours after the game trying to find our car (*note powerwalking for 2 hours in platforms will make your legs hurt a lot the next day*). Let's just say that by the end of the night, the story I told about it involved pee, sewage and mud--and i took a very very long shower that night.

Anyway, all in all it was a great weekend...my last weekender though =( Now I get to do lots of work. Back to reality!

Annoucements:
Firoz just told me that stressed backwards is desserts. What a good thing to know.

Sanj - in hindi class we were doing numbers, and i got called on to say "eleven."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home