Sona's Blog

Life has become very busy. This space is for me to share my experiences, ramblings and quirkiness with anyone who cares to read them. I'd love to hear your thoughts, especially if you're someone I used to talk to a lot but have lost touch with. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Some thoughts.


So here's what I've been thinking about lately.

- The lady on my GPS device says "U-turn" like a dirty word. She says it kinda how a lot of other women say the word "panty." It's as if she doesn't want to say it at all, and I've offended the entire purpose of her existence because I made her say it. I don't mean to blatantly ignore her directions, forcing her to use that vile word...but sometimes I'd rather sing really loud loud to that Ingrid Michaelson "The Way I Am" song than listen to her. And Garrrrmin should take me the way I am.


- When I log into my B of A account online, there's this site key image that pops up for security. Every now and then they'll ask me to change my site key, and I have to pick an image and give it a name. I'm ALWAYS afraid that it's some kind of test and I'm naming it the wrong thing, and Mr. BofA Security guy is laughing at me through the monitor. "It's not just a CHEESE GRATER you fool," he'll say. "That's a multi-purpose box grater!" A while back they once showed me a wooden bowl, and I thought it was a fruit bowl..but then a month later I didn't remember naming it a fruit bowl and thought someone hacked into my account and changed it from "wooden bowl" to "fruit bowl." Mr. BofA Security guy probably got a big kick out of that one. I think what's more strange is that I still think there's an actual guy who stands there and reads all the site keys as part of his job...like it wouldn't be automated or something. Just like there's a guy whose job it is to screw caps onto tubes of toothpaste at the Crest factory. I'm pretty sure I revised history to eliminate the industrial revolution.

- Couple things about songs right now: I can't listen to any song that uses the expression "Laffy taffy." It just gets on my nerves. I hate that Jordin Sparks "Tattoo" song because it sounds like she has the hiccups through the whole thing in the background.

- FINALLY, after 10 years of shopping at Express, I took advantage of a coupon I got in the mail without spending more than I would have had I not used the coupon. I'll explain. Many of you may have received these in the mail - it''s $20 off your purchase of $60, or $10 off your purchase of $20. So you think, "oh great, I'll walk out of there spending $40," which is damn near impossible to do because of their pricing structure. Everything is either like $19.50, or $39.50, and with nothing less than $12.50 in the store, it's virtually impossible to leave the store without feeling duped.
WELL, when I was in MN, where there is no sales tax on clothes, and where I purchased jewelry when it was buy one, get one 1/2 off (and the more expensive piece was already discounted), I mangaged to total around a cool $60.54. Take $20 off that, and I spent $40.54 on a nice top and two pairs of earrings. Go me! Yes, I know I'm a guju.

3 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger Urban Hermit said...

that site key thing is stupid. mine never changes so i don't see the point of it. the way i see it, if you can figure out MY passwords, you deserve the information and the entirety of 53 cents

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger moneybags said...

such intrigue...your whimsy has brought me closer to enlightenment that i had previously thought to be possible....what a bargain!!!
the lesson i've learned which can be applied to everyday life is that the bargains of this world are not to be squandered......

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger moneybags said...

panty. courtesy of the industrial revolution....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home