Sona's Blog

Life has become very busy. This space is for me to share my experiences, ramblings and quirkiness with anyone who cares to read them. I'd love to hear your thoughts, especially if you're someone I used to talk to a lot but have lost touch with. Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Paaain!

It's 12:40 and i'm in a lab. Three dumb little projects due tomorrow but I dont know that I can make it through the 3rd one..i definitely dont think i want to be here working with premiere for another hour. I'm chatting and blogging to see if maybe i feel better afterwards, but i'm a wimp...probably gonna go home. But i dont wanna wallllkkk. Ok enough whining.

I attended a hapa club meeting this evening (the "half" club..really anyone who wants to talk about mixed ethnicity). Kevin and Laura are on the board. It was some interesting discussion, but there was this one really annoying girl in my group who almost soured the experience. Other than that it was cool; nice to attend a club meeting where people actually talk about things that affect them. That's one of the things that Ive always felt lacking with SCIA but it seems as if the member desire just isnt there. And I suppose you cant force it. I cant tell if it's that the member desire isnt there, or if anyone who would potentially be intrigued is either turned off by our other activities (and assumes we dont do these activities) or is just too lazy to attend even if we arrange the programming. Hmm...regardless, I have enough on my plate I think. =)

I did some job hunting today, which actually inspired me to do more job hunting. I kind of enjoy it in a sick way. I found some jobs that I'd really like. Job hunting did however make me realize that looking for a job-job and looking for an internship-job are quite different. I feel like ive got the whole internship thing down, i can get one of those. But that's also because there's this underlying assumption (with me at least) that there's no real expecations of you to know things. It's designed for you to learn things, so all you have to be is a mildly quick learner and have a good sense of humor and it's ok. But with a job, you have to like know shit before you go in to it. Supposedly, all this stuff i've "learned" over the past few years is supposed to come into play. WTF.

I suppose i have a decent portfolio but it's not exactly assembled. So that's on the agenda. And what if im fortunate enough to get some sort of interview, and i get asked something serious about what id bring to a company...I'd be like "uh...i can teach this office how to make the most of your AIM profile" or "hey! i know how to regulate the cardiovascular room at the gym when people are cutting in line." I need to get my act together...fast!

Oh well, i suppose there's no need to freak out. I think i'm small enough to fit in a box and live in one if it comes down to that. maybe a really big box. I wish there way to get paid for being able to identify any given Cosby Show episode within the first 2 lines of dialogue. I'd be SO good at that. I could do that with saved by the bell and friends too. Dammit.

Yeah so I dont think im going to finish this project right now. It's late and i need rest. Otherwise in hindi class tomorrow I'll fall asleep and no one will be awake to wake up maurice and pranav.

Annoucements:

Props to Laura for helping make hapa what it is. We truly are the apasa apartment.

I had more but i forgot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home