Sona's Blog

Life has become very busy. This space is for me to share my experiences, ramblings and quirkiness with anyone who cares to read them. I'd love to hear your thoughts, especially if you're someone I used to talk to a lot but have lost touch with. Enjoy!

Friday, October 01, 2004

a Musing

At work, ordering lunch is such an ordeal. We literally start trying to figure out what to order at 9:45 in the morning. Clearly, we are a productive department. Actually we are. Today we decided on falafels! yay! my tummy is rumbling just thinking about it.

I have a lot to do today. I feel like this new intern doesnt do anything or is a jacktard. But maybe he's just new. I keep trying to remember what it was like when i first started to see if i was a jacktard. I guess i was.

I applied for my first job-job ever yesterday. It's a very strange feeling. The other day, kevin and santhosh were in my living room. Santhosh had been talking about med school stuff, and kevin had been talking about meeting with pwc. And i was talking about applying for jobs, and ketan and all these other kids are taking the lsat tomorrow. And i got the weirdest feeling..WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? Remember when it was just about grades. And it was just aimless studying. haha, well i guess it was never AIMless. HAH. I cant wait til everyone is working and has their own extensions at work and we can gossip. Yes I am the future of America.


Last night was fantastic. We played monopoly, and then poker with monopoly money, and then when everyone went home, i stayed up and watched the debate til 3. My thoughts on that are a whole nother blog. In short, I think Kerry made a few good arguments, it was nice to hear, but I feel like Bush is seriously going to win with this whole "sticking to his guns" thing, which honestly, I think he is using well to keep his voters. Despite his peabody, monkey like traits.

I was in my political ideology class yesterday -- which by the way i LOVE and if you get the chance to take comm 370 please do -- and i was thinking about the american dream. (when i have time i have all sorts of thoughts that are a result of this class that i will blog abt. sanjiv i'll want your comments, i bring you and your france escapades up a lot in that class) Anyway, so the american dream. I think my parents "achieved" the american dream. They came here with nothing and are happy and have these happy kids that they raised. (thats me) So do I have any sort of american dream? I dont think i do. That kinda makes me feel useless. So I thought to myself, i think I'm the american morning breath.

Brian (one of my supervisors) decided to change my password for filemaker pro. he changed it to sonananananana (so-n-na-na-na-na-na-na, like the na na an na's in will smith's gettin jiggy with it) it's a pain in the ass because not only do i have to sing it to log in (so i get the correct number of na's), but now any time someone asks me something, they walk over to me and say "so-na-na-na-na-na-na." and when brian does it, he shakes his ass. it's really ridiculous. we just played poker during our lunch hour and a half. this is the best place to work Ever. :)

announcements
none of you better start calling me so-na-na-na-na-na-na

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home