Sona's Blog

Life has become very busy. This space is for me to share my experiences, ramblings and quirkiness with anyone who cares to read them. I'd love to hear your thoughts, especially if you're someone I used to talk to a lot but have lost touch with. Enjoy!

Monday, January 17, 2005

Bitter Cold

It's that time of winter - it just started last week. It's not just cold anymore. It's bitter cold. It's when the wind chill factor kicks in and is turnign 12 degrees into "feels like negative 4 degrees" (oh yes, that was the weather today). You know it's bad when it "feels like" a temperature different than what it is. The thing with bitter cold is that it's bitter. When you get out of the car, the cold like smacks you in the face. And then after you get smacked (it really feels like being smacked btw), you try to take a breath but it's so cold that it feels like you got the wind knocked out of you. And then your eyes start to tear up. It's bad, but almost invigorating. It's ok though, this cold only lasts a little while and it's a good way to get more exercise. I no longer walk briskly to my car, as I would were it just plain cold. I sprint.

I started reading the Bhagvad Gita last night, and in the preface, it said "Failures are not stumbling blocks, but stepping stones to success." So I guess I got my answer about that. But it feels like i'm stepping and stepping but not really getting anywhere. Sort of like a stairmaster. Perhaps why I took up running again.

I have sort of a stalker at the gym. She came up to me in the locker room a few weeks ago and (oldish indian woman) tried to pitch a business idea to me. She said she needed bright minds, etc, looking to make money. But i'd never met her before. Really, for all she knew, I coulda been a crackhead. I should have told her that I was one. She assumed that i was a "bright mind" because I'm Indian. My hair was curly that day, I shoulda tried to convince here I was a Mexican. I wonder if she would have continued to tell me I was a bright mind. Anyway, I felt really uncomfortable cuz i was trying to change, but she hit me up for my number. So i gave it to her to get her off my back. I mean I even told her that I was too busy and didn't need any extra money but she wouldnt take no. Anyway she called my house a week later, but i told her i had absolutely no interest and ended that.
WELL, today I saw her again as I was about to go into the locker room. But upon seeing her i got really scared so i stayed in the weight room a little longer. It's too bad that I get intimidated by oldish indian ladies that easily. But doesnt everyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home