Sona's Blog

Life has become very busy. This space is for me to share my experiences, ramblings and quirkiness with anyone who cares to read them. I'd love to hear your thoughts, especially if you're someone I used to talk to a lot but have lost touch with. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

America, Fuck Yeah!

That song is stuck in my head. It's from Team America World Police (that movie with all the puppets). I went to a press screening of it on Saturday... it's VERY funny. I can't wait till more people see it so we can exchange lines from it :) Btw, I have screenig passes for this tuesday in case anyone is interested.
I can't believe I havent blogged in a week!! I've really wanted to, but been so swamped. This past weekend especially! Last week was horrid, minus la barca night. Friday perked up because a wonderful friend made me a wonderful cd and sent it in the mail, and friday night was spent sitting on the couch, reading Lucky magazine, tagging all the pretty little clothes that i cant afford or fit into, and listening to music. THEN CAME SATURDAY....
Started with going to get the keg for the tailgate at like 7:30 in the am. And of course, something Had to go wrong. The first smart and final didnt have the pump that we paid for, so i had to go to Another smart and final to get that. But the tailgate was super fun (well i had fun and we all know that's all that really matters) and the game was Super fun...and despite the lack of sleep and consumption of beer, I stayed awake! that's how you Know it's riveting. After that I went to the screening...and then after That i went to zanzibar for a birthday party.
That was definitely one of the more socially awkward situations ive been in in a while. First off I was tired, and on top of that I only knew like 8 people there. And for the most part, they weren't 8 people that I was close to. But by the end, the music got good and I had a nice time. PLUS after that, ken, robby and I went to swingers and i got my veggie chili cheese fries! MMM.
Robby (our SCIA grad rep), now that's crazy stuff. Spending time with him made me realize what a small damn world it is. He's from UPenn so of course knows everyone and their momma.
Sunday got better basically because I slept in And went grocery shopping. Both are things I haven't done in like 6 weeks, so it felt good.
AFter work this morning, I spent pretty much all day at KOH working on video editing labs. It was tiring. but I gave up around 11:30 tonight. i have 2 more assignments, but honestly...it's just not worth losing sleep over.

I decided that very few things are worth losing sleep over. they are: 1) a friend in need of anything 2) studying for a midterm or final or somethign important 3) getting scia stuff done
I think that really sums it up. My priorities ladies and gentlemen.

annoucements:
Ryan is an awesome KOH buddy. Question: when did i become such a computer nerd? It has seriously become exponentially worse this semester.

The coffee I was drinking at work today was labeled "Bright and Sparkling." Who the hell has ever had coffee that's bright and sparkling? Ever?

The thing i love about SC is that Ive been here 3 years, and have lived in pretty much the same place, etc...yet I swear, every weekend, I make at least one new friend. It's such a wonderful feeling. All these people I never knew existed..but they're so fun and open. it's nice.

I also love SC football. I was sitting there during the game saturday getting very very nostaligic...there's something about the feeling of being there with all these people who are just as excited as you. I cant imagine that any other school gets like trojans do..but maybe i'm wrong:)

I'm very excited about all these new SCIA initiatives to work with Health Sciences students to do the Health Fair and preprofessional counseling. I'm also very excited about culture show again :) hehehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home