Sona's Blog

Life has become very busy. This space is for me to share my experiences, ramblings and quirkiness with anyone who cares to read them. I'd love to hear your thoughts, especially if you're someone I used to talk to a lot but have lost touch with. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Distracting myself at work

I've been so perky lately. It's nuts. I'm really grumpy when I wake up, but within a half hour i'm happy. REALLY HAPPY. I have no real reason to be happy. But I wont fight it. You know how a lot of people get really happy when they're freshly in love? I'm not. Maybe that's it... I'm not in love!! YAY! (hmm that just doesnt sound right)

I'm at work right now, plodding through the work I have to do. I REALLY REALLY like my job and dont want to leave here =( Erin filled me in on all the entertainment industry gossip (like companies that are dying and who's getting fired, etc) so I'm very intrigued.
We're all going to eat lunch soon, which means playing poker. We seriously play every day that I'm working...last week I bet 7 people in one sitting! It's fantastic.

I made the BEST salmon two days ago...it was all due to the grilling. Sigh, I miss cooking! The only thing is, I have a tendency to injur myself a lot. I've cut a different finger every day this week!!

Job hunting has no leads for me. I suppose I'm not trying as hard as I should. However, I just realized that my boss Lisa (intimidating bitchy lady) has all these contacts to vice presidents of marketing at Apple. I dont know why this didnt occur to me sooner...we've done so many promos with apple in the past. However, I can't really approach her about it, so it's a bit of a conundrum...hmm i'll be sneaky and figure something out.

I've been so productive this week..it's great. I think it helps to not go home and just spend hours on end in the lab doing stuff. We'll see how long this lasts...

Announcements:
This is the motto that i think is making me happy: When life hands you lemons, make lemonade...and then add vodka or freeze it to make one of those slushie things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home