Sona's Blog

Life has become very busy. This space is for me to share my experiences, ramblings and quirkiness with anyone who cares to read them. I'd love to hear your thoughts, especially if you're someone I used to talk to a lot but have lost touch with. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The end of leisure.

WHOA! Quick updates: So I'm back in LA. Have been here for a week. Weather is GORGEOUS so Ive been taking advantage of it and staying active outdoors. Unfortunately, today is my last day of leisure. I didnt really really realize how leisurely my life has been the last few months. Granted, I did a ton of stuff...but I didn't really have to answer to anyone besides myself. WHat a wonderful feeling. I set my own schedule to do whatever I wanted. And now that's over. forever. how sad.
But i'm SO excited about starting work tomorrow. A little nervous and paranoid about psyching myself out, but excited nonetheless. I cant believe how well everything came together. Timing could not have been more perfect. This whole experience has made me learn a couple things: 1)Nothing is real. At all. EVERYTHING is subject to change. and 2)There has to be some order to the universe. I dunt know what...but there has to be something. and 3) The human body is a miraculous thing. That one is kind of random, but perhaps I'll get into that some other day.
My friend Bobby invited me to the ROTC navy ball which was super fun. It was a really mellow fun but a really cool experience. Mostly because Ive never been treated so courteously by a man. I dont know if that's good or bad but I didn't even know how to respond to it because it was so foreign to me. Not that I havent been treated well by men before...but it was a different, old fashioned sort of politeness that I'm just not accustomed to. Being the way that I am, I think that if I was treated like that every day Id probably get annoyed and be adamant about doing things by myself. But for one night it was SO nice to have every door opened for me..and somebody just being like that.
I really miss my parents. Not that I'm not happy to be here, because I am..and it's been so wonderful seeing everyone and feeling young again (instead of feeling like a 50 year old indian person)...but when youre home, you're saturated in love. And I'm almost going through a withdrawal of that. I really do understand now why my parents must have felt so heartbroken when I left...I felt the same. But I'm glad to start this new part of my life.
Anyhoo...that's all out of my yapper...I think now that I start work I might have more time in front of a computer and might be able to sneak in some blogging..but I cant guarantee anything...and I probably dont want to get fired my first week!;)
Off I go to take a walk or something..ahh i love having nothing to do!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home