Sona's Blog

Life has become very busy. This space is for me to share my experiences, ramblings and quirkiness with anyone who cares to read them. I'd love to hear your thoughts, especially if you're someone I used to talk to a lot but have lost touch with. Enjoy!

Monday, March 28, 2005

Taxes suck

Yikes! So I've been working for a few weeks now - I like it here! I've told almost everyone about it so I wont waste time. But in short, I like my job, I like my boss and I don't like taxes. It basically accounts for all the money I thought I'd have to make my life a little bit flexible. I seem to be fitting in quickly, which is nice. I also dont have my own cube yet, so I'm using the conference room attached to the EVP's office as my office. We're like roomies - except for when he's having an executive meeting in his office and I get locked in mine. Oh well, things could be worse :o)
I was in chicago this past week to attend a function we had in honor of my grandmother who recently passed away. It made me really want to move back home. I wish there was a way to move my job there or move my family here. As much as I love the LA weather...I'm not sure that I can stay here forever.
The thing with family is that they're always reminding you of embarassing stuff that you'd forgotton about. My dad is the king of that. He doesnt just do it to me and my brother - he does it to everyone. He's the only guy I know that can make 60 year old men blush.
The good thing about wanting to go back home is that I don't work in fear of being fired. I do my best because I like what I'm doing, and I'd like to do it well. But I guess I wouldn't be too upset if I got fired because then I could go home :-) So it's all very stress free. I probably shouldn't talk like that though so forget i said it. Ok back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home