Sona's Blog

Life has become very busy. This space is for me to share my experiences, ramblings and quirkiness with anyone who cares to read them. I'd love to hear your thoughts, especially if you're someone I used to talk to a lot but have lost touch with. Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

On success, singledom, and marriage (but not too much)

I'm not one of those people whose work is their life. I like my work - but it is most certainly not my life. So it got me thinking, I'm never going to get like an award of achievement for anything I've done to symbolize my success. I'm just not that committed. So does that mean that I'm not successful? My inner Sona replied with a resounding "No!" I genuinely do have a different measure of success. And for the first time, I really believe it. It's nice to lift the restrictions of what we've already picked to symbolize success off your life, and then reevaluate yourself through a unique set of values. It's like mad libs, except you keep the fill-in-the-blank words the same, and change the framework.

After fleshing out some thoughts with Atish on Sunday, I kind of discovered that I don't have much to complain about. In fact, there is nothing worth complaining about. There will always be something to complain about, but it would just be to fill time. In terms of my single life..I think that I might have arrived. I could get married tomorrow, and not have any regrets really, or I could stay like this for the next 15 years and feel completely fulfilled. Pretty groovy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home